DEY takes a look at news making noise on social media. The 2016 Opt Out movement is in full force and making news:
- Via the Village Voice: New York Opt-Out Rates Remain High, Tests Remain Massively Confusing
- The New York Post: ‘Opt out:’ Teachers email parents to boycott Common Core tests
- The New York Daily News: NYC Opt Out group wants parents to know ‘they have a choice’
- Politico: Thousands opt out of state English exams, early data shows
- CNN:Testing time at schools: Is there a better way?
- And then there is this: A powerful and spot-on opinion piece posted by Jamila Carter via Edushyster: In an Effort to Keep Our Kids Safe, We May be Silencing Their Voices