Apply for a DEY Action Mini-Grant.
DEY is excited to offer this mini-grant initiative to help foster your good work in your community as related to DEY’s three principle goals:
- To mobilize the early childhood community to speak out with well-reasoned arguments against inappropriate standards, assessments, and classroom practices.
- To track the effects of new standards on early childhood education policy and practice.
- To promote appropriate practices in early childhood classrooms and support educators in counteracting current reforms which undermine these appropriate practices.
We offer grants in the range of $200 to $500 per application. We evaluate applications four times a year. Submit your applications for review by Sept. 1, Dec. 1, March 1, or June 1. Applications will be reviewed and up to 12 awards per year will be granted (depending on grant sizes). Applicants can apply for a DEY mini grant once per year. Possible actions include, but are not limited to:
- Hosting a parent information meeting
- Organizing a "Call Your Legislator Day"
- Spearheading a letter-writing campaign to politicians
- Organizing a “Play-In” at the local school board
- Publicizing an “Opt Out” campaign
- Hosting a viewing and conversation of a video, such as chapter or two from A Year at Mission Hill; or When a Child Pretends from the Sarah Lawrence Series (see above)
- Holding an Open Forum for community members and stake-holders
- Whatever else you may think of…
Email your completed application to Blakely Bundy, Co-Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mini-Grant Application”.