Apply for a DEY Action Mini-Grant.
DEY is excited to offer this mini-grant initiative to help foster your good work in your community as related to DEY’s three principle goals:
- To mobilize the early childhood community to speak out with well-reasoned arguments against inappropriate standards, assessments, and classroom practices.
- To track the effects of new standards, especially those linked to the Common Core State Standards, on early childhood education policy and practice.
- To promote appropriate practices in early childhood classrooms and support educators in counteracting current reforms which undermine these appropriate practices.
We offer grants in the range of $200 to $500 per application. We accept applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed and up to 20 awards will be granted (depending on grant sizes). Possible actions include, but are not limited to:
- Hosting a parent information meeting
- Organizing a "Call Your Legislator Day"
- Spearheading a letter-writing campaign to politicians
- Organizing a “Play-In” at the local school board
- Publicizing an “Opt Out” campaign
- Hosting a viewing and conversation of a video, such as chapter or two from A Year at Mission Hill; or When a Child Pretends from the Sarah Lawrence Series (see above)
- Holding an Open Forum for community members and stake-holders
- Whatever else you may think of…
Email your completed application to Geralyn Bywater McLaughlin & Blakely Bundy, Co-Directors, at email@example.com with the subject line “Mini-Grant Application”.